Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ghazal Nite at the Tuli Imperial - "The Boutique Hotel", Nagpur.

It was an immense pleasure performing at the splendid Ball Room banquet of the recently inaugrated Tuli Imperial - "The Boutique Hotel" for a private gathering on 17Th April 2010.

I selected very soft and popular ghazals of famous Ghazal singers like Jagjit Singh, Mehdi Hassan, Pankaj Udhas, Bhoopendra, Farida Khannum etc.

The ambience was just perfect for Ghazals. Round tables & chairs were put up in front of the stage from where the guests enjoyed listening to the ghazals while the snacks & cocktails were being served.


The sound mixing was perfect. I had instructed Anil to keep the output as soft & low as possible. The acoustics of the hall are perfect too.

I used a brand new Harmonium made specially for me by Srujan Musicals, Nagpur.

The listeners enjoyed the performance and there was a spontaneous appalause after every Ghazal .The selection of Ghazals seemed to be appropriate for the occasion.



I was requested to sing some Ghazals from my albums "Ahteraam " & " Once More".
I also sang some more of my new self composed Ghazals which were very well appreciated too.

Ustaad Nasir Khan, Nishikant Deshmukh & Sandeep Kapoor did a splendid job on the Sitar, Violin & Acoustic Guitar respectively.


Dr Devendra Yadao & Praveen Lihitkar exceled on Tabla & Rhythm Guitar.

The Ghazal program ended at around 10:45 PM after 2 HRS of non stop performance while the party continued .......followed by dinner.

No comments: